- A dedicated chapter adviser
- A one-time charter application fee of $500.00
- Ability of the college to award two-year degrees in Business and Professional Studies.
- Approval of College President with agreement to use society’s academic regalia at college ceremonies. Students wear honor stoles; advisers may also wear stoles, and medallions are also available.
- Chapter advisers are an integral part of the chapter life and are a tremendous resource for the chapter officers and members. Chapter advisers serve as the communication link between the National Office and the local chapter.
Responsibilities of Chapters
The key responsibility of an Alpha Beta Gamma chapter is to promote academic excellence. This is accomplished by:
- Recognition of students through a special initiation ceremony and the presentation of a certificate, membership card, window decal, gold seal and lapel pin
- Sponsorship of lectures, seminars, symposia and colloquia to enhance the learning of business topics
- Operating within the constitution and bylaws of the National organization
- Recognition of outstanding faculty and community leaders through honorary memberships
Requirements for Membership in the Society
- To be eligible for membership in ABG, a student must be enrolled in Business or Professional curriculum at a two-year degree granting institution.
- The student must have completed 12 credit hours, with a minimum 3.0 or equivalent GPA
Types of Chapter Formation
Alpha Beta Gamma offers three types of affiliation: Honorific, Honorific/Academic, and Honorific/Academic/Social.
- This organization exists solely to recognize academic excellence. Students who meet the criteria of ABG are honored, usually at graduation time, or in a separate ceremony or dinner.
- In addition to recognizing academic excellence, the chapter sponsors academic functions on campus. These include lectures, symposia, and colloquia. The chapter usually works closely with an academic department chair or dean for academic direction.
- This organization functions in all three areas of our society’s interests. It recognizes outstanding students, works with faculty to enhance the academic environment of the college, and also sponsors social events for its members, its college or its community.